For a brochure/map on all the museums of Siskiyou County please see download here at the Siskiyou County Historical Society website. (look for box on lower left of first page for .pdf file.)
The drive from Yreka to Callahan on Hwy 3 is a very pleasant drive much of the year, you will drive past family farms, cool looking old farm buildings, and see pastures of contented animals, not to mention wildlife ~ you will likely see deer munching out in the alfalfa fields!
- You will find abundant photographic opportunities in the Scott Valley while driving Hwy 3!
- Robber's Rock monument, near the summit (on the Yreka/East side) of Hwy 3 between Yreka and Fort Jones (a little tricky to find you might ask directions in town, it is right off the Hwy, but adjacent to a pull out)
- Fort Jones Museum, 11913 Main Street, Fort Jones, CA 96032 (530) 468-5568 Open Memorial Day to Labor Day, phone for daily hours.
- Etna Museum, 520 Main Street, Etna, CA 96027 (530) 467-5366. Open June through August. www.etnamuseum.org
- Visit Callahan and view the Old Callahan Ranch Hotel, it is in desperate need of restoration, but it is interesting none the less, there is a historical marker nearby and the store/deli/restaurant across the street is like stepping into the past!